To be honest, I'm feeling rather detached from it compared to my peers. You know, the rest who are eligible for voting for the very first time. But as detached as I am, I sometimes question back my requirements for that trust in vote. Then I realize there are no requirements to win my vote, except I really just wish to have a good life with my family, quietly.
Has that been happening over the past few years. No, it has not. Of course, it is a personal adventure to be born to a family that soon became defective and troubles plague continuously, challenging your humanity again and again. Thankfully, I emerged to be what I believe a strong and firm fighter but not one that rebelliously look for troubles. But that does not make the other paths in life much easier.
Housing is my problem for the past five years, of course because I have been renting housing for a long time. As of now, 60% of my salary goes to paying bills and ends meet so any additional surcharge in life will require me to work even harder. The other 40% includes what goes on to food and transportation, which takes up about 50% of what remains no thanks for taxes/GST and what's not. 15% of what remains goes to insurance because of my lineage of health problems. Back, kidneys, gastric, I'm a walking pharmacy!
So while I worry about the great necessities of life, I find myself too weak to find time and energy to engage in political antics. All I want is a content and quiet life. Where I don't feel like a second class citizen. And my fight to survival goes beyond currencies of finance. But it gets tougher. And when some figure goes to public and announce the HDBs to be simply shelters and people should not desire to own it as an asset, I begin to wonder if it's pointless to even debate.
My sense of belonging to great shelter, amounts to sheer apathy. And I damn well know why it has turn out so.
Everyone's rallying at the rallies or debating in the debates nowadays, for the General Election is up and coming.